Five days ago, I started Author Ashley. Today, I learned that the Jotter’s Joint nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! That’s amazing. Thank you so much, Gail! To whoever is reading this, go and check out her blog. Here are the rules that go along with the nomination:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the blog award image on your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs.
- Let the nominees know they been chosen.
Now, here are seven facts about myself:
- I’m used to getting A’s in school, so during my freshman year when I received two B’s due to complete laziness, I was completely crushed. Since then, my level of competitiveness has gone way up, and I’m a little bit obsessed with my grades.
- I absolutely love graphic/web design. I’m not great at it, but I love it, and I have faith that one day I’ll be much better. If I don’t major in public relations/advertisement when I go to college, I’ll be going for graphic/web design.
- I’m christian, but lately–as much as I hate to say it–my faith’s been pretty shaky. That’s not something I’m proud to admit.
- Before I die, I want to go skydiving. That’s totally cliche, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
- When I graduate, I plan on going on a cross-country road trip with a few friends for a month.
- I’m great at making friends, but terrible at retaining them. After initially becoming friends, I tend to drift away. It’s not intentional by any means, it’s just what always seems to happen.
- I’ve never ridden in an airplane.
I’m supposed to nominate fifteen blogs, but since I’ve only been on here for five days, that might be a little tough. I’ll get as many as I can in. This is me sharing the love:
- J.N. Cahill
- Blah Blah Blog
- Christian Mihai
- Be Kind Rewrite
- Ellie Ann
- Words of Seth Nathrah
- Rendezvous With Renee
- Dashboard Citizen
- Just Smile!
- Jeyna Grace
Shoot! I didn’t make it to fifteen. My apologies… if I end up getting nominated for something else in the future, hopefully I’ll be able to fill up that list. If you’ve got any suggestions of blogs I might enjoy reading, PLEASE let me know via comments or however you want to contact me. Thanks again for the nomination, Gail! 🙂
Aw, thank you. 🙂 I’m not sure I will have 15 either. Is there a time limit? Maybe I can round up some more blogs I like. Do you have any idea if this is WordPress-only or not?
I’ve seen other sites that link non-wordpress blogs as well, so you should be good there. I don’t think there’s a time limit, as long as you do it semi-soon. I’m not really an expert, though. Just assuming. 🙂
Okay, cool. I might have enough if I list non-Wordpress sites. I may post about this tomorrow.
Sounds great! 🙂
Just re-reading your “facts” and wanted to comment.
2. I am a graphic designer so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I’m not too great at web design. This wasn’t covered too much in our curriculum, unfortunately.
3. Me too! Mostly it’s “religious” people that have been making it shaky. That and I feel stupid praying because I feel like God already knows everything so why am I repeating these known facts? I’m also not doing well at reading the entire Bible. It’s a hard thing to read daily for me. It’s also a struggle because I seem more open-minded than most Christians I know and encounter. Just remember this–we’re all work-in-progresses. None of us are perfect and still have a lot to learn in this life.
Oh, awesome! I’ll totally come to you when I’ve got questions. (:
That’s basically an exact description of the issues I’m having. Long story short, my church was shut down over financial issues. We’ve had several terrible pastors lately who have kinda led to me distancing myself from religion. It’s not a good excuse, but it’s the truth. People are so hypocritical. And the same here, I’m more open minded. I’m more likely to accept things than those around me, so that brings up issues as well. I’m just finding it really difficult to revert back to the way I used to think before all the issues that have recently come up.
That sucks about your church. I still don’t have a church. I love the one in my fiance’s hometown but it’s two hours away, so yeah I’ve tried others but they are either really judgmental or too “flashy.” I think the world is a lot different than it was back in the Biblical days and sometimes it’s hard to figure out what to do about these “newer” issues.
What kills me is all the people who say one thing and do another. It’s like in whispertown, how judgmental people are. I’ve not been in a situation like Cassie’s but I’ve seen how judgmental people tend to be. That’s one of the hardest things for me, the idea that being a Christian means I’m associated with people who are so hypocritical.
You are so sweet to think of me! Thank you so much!
2. Whichever major you choose, remember; more important than that degree is an internship (or two or three) at an ad agency or some other place where you can pick up real experience and make connections. My writing internship got me the copywriting job I have today.
3. Remember that the whole point of Christianity is that we are not perfect. If you look for perfection in the world, you will be disappointed every time. Hang on to the knowledge that, outside this world, there is something better. I’ll pray for you. : )
No problem. 🙂
2. I’ve heard that a lot! No worries, it’s definitely part of my future plans.
3. Thanks so much. (: