1. They say the world is going to end on December 21st this year. I don’t believe that, but it works as a good time frame to get a book done by. And maybe we’ll all get thrown for a loop and the world will be thrown into utter chaos… so wouldn’t it just be better to get a book completed before that happens?
2. To prove to other people that a sixteen year old can write a novel. I know that a lot of sixteen-year-olds have written a book before, but not around where I live. Around here, I don’t think anyone has faith in us teenagers. It would be nice to prove them wrong. And also, my sisters don’t think I can really do it, since they’ve seen the number of unfinished books I’ve got on my hard drive.
3. To prove to myself that I can write a novel. Because I tend to doubt myself when it comes to my writing. A lot.
4. Because that will bring me one step closer to getting published. I’ve been dreaming about getting published practically my entire life, ever since I learned what a book was and that people wrote them.
5. It’s on my bucket list, and what better time to cross something off that list than right now? (Note: My bucket list will be posted for you all to see soon.)
6. Because I’ve made up my mind that I’m going to finish a book, and when I make up my mind, there isn’t a lot that can stop me from getting where I want to go.
I’m sure that soon I’ll have more things to add to this post, so I’ll just do a part two. What are your reasons for wanting to finish a book? Maybe you’ll inspire me with your own reasons, so share!