No, not The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. This is the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers, and I was nominated by Amanda at byamandaleigh. First I’ll list the rules, and then I’ll follow through with what I was asked to do…
1) All recipients need to thank the giver
2) Post 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
4) Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
I’ve already thanked Amanda, but I’ll do it again, because it really does mean a lot that she thought of me as part of her list of seven, especially when there are millions of blogs online! THANKS AMANDA! Now, go visit her! I especially enjoyed this post, because (if you haven’t already guessed) I really love quotes.
Hmm… seven things about myself, eh? This may prove to be a bit difficult, but I’ll attempt it anyway.
1. I’m currently obsessed with v-necks. Not those super tight ones that show a ton of cleavage (hello, has anyone nowadays heard of having a teeny bit of modesty?) but the fitted-yet-loose ones that are soft, thin, and comfortable. When I went school shopping earlier this week (that post will be coming soon) I bought eleven of them. It’s a bit ridiculous, really, but I just couldn’t help myself.
2. I can’t cook to save my life, yet I work in a place where I have to make food. Ironic, eh? I think I’m doing a fantastic job there, actually.
3. My favorite season is autumn. I love football games because it rallies everyone together for a common purpose. I love colorful leaves because they add even more beauty to the world. I love the light breeze that cools things off just enough to need a jacket, but not so much that you need a coat yet. I love seeing creative pumpkin carvings, and I love Halloween. I just feel like it’s impossible to not be happy in the fall!
4. I have to be constantly doing something. If I go for more than a few hours without walking or running or moving, I start to feel sick and just plan crappy, so I’m a pretty active person.
5. I thrive off of stress. If things aren’t busy and crazy in my life, I don’t do well. That’s why I’m almost constantly enrolled in a sports team, while simultaneously working, going to school, volunteering, blogging, reading, writing, etc. It freaks me out when I go for a couple days with no plans, because I feel like something could go wrong at any moment. When I’ve got six things to do in a day, I feel energized. Is that strange? Maybe.
6. I don’t drink pop. I think it’s disgusting. The carbonation is what I don’t like; add in the fact that soft drinks are so sugary and unhealthy, and I’m totally turned away by the idea of drinking it. I prefer water, 2% milk, and 100% apple juice.
7. I’ve gotten into weird habit of counting things. Like when I’m in the car and we pass electric poles, I have to count them or tap my foot against the floor as we pass each one. For some reason, I can’t quit doing it, even if I want to. It’s something I’ve done since before I can remember.
There’s the seven facts, and by now, I’m sure you all think I’m completely crazy. That’s fine by me, though. Think what you will. On to the next step, which is nominating seven other bloggers that I’ve enjoyed! This, too, will probably be pretty difficult for me, but I’m going to do it!
1. Holly Michael’s Writing Straight is really inspiring for her life, her writing, her family, and her incredible faith.
2. She Can’t Be Serious is hilarious!
3. Drivelology definitely has a lot of interesting things to say!
4. Dawn of April, great writer.
5. daffodils & dishwater writes adorable blog posts.
7. Zen Scribbles is an amusing girl!
Well, that pretty much concludes my post. Thanks again, Amanda!